Guru Secures $25M Series B Funding to Empower Teams with Real-Time Knowledge
PHILADELPHIA, December 12, 2018-- Guru, the world’s first Revenue Empowerment Network, today announced it has secured $25 million in a Series B funding round led by Thrive Capital, with participation from existing investors Emergence Capital, FirstMark Capital, Slack Fund, and Michael Dell’s MSD Capital. With this new funding, Guru will invest in further growth and innovation to transform how knowledge workers access the knowledge they need to do their jobs.
“By empowering employees with knowledge in real-time, Guru has become the rare enterprise solution that people use several times every day because they want to. We are excited to invest in Rick, Mitchell, and the Guru team as they empower knowledge workers around the world.”
“Every employee in every company is more effective when they can leverage the collective intelligence of their organization,” said Ryan Shmeizer of Thrive Capital, who will join Guru’s board of directors. “By empowering employees with knowledge in real-time, Guru has become the rare enterprise solution that people use several times every day because they want to. We are excited to invest in Rick, Mitchell, and the Guru team as they empower knowledge workers around the world.”
Founded in 2013 by enterprise software veterans Rick Nucci and Mitchell Stewart, Guru today serves hundreds of leading modern enterprises such as Shopify (NYSE:SHOP), Square (NYSE:SQ), Spotify (NYSE:SPOT), and Yext (NYSE:YEXT), as well as rapidly growing private companies such as BuzzFeed, Glossier, Intercom, and Thumbtack. For every customer, Guru first unifies the knowledge that today lives in so many different places within an organization. It then verifies the accuracy of every piece of knowledge regularly to ensure that knowledge stays up to date and accurate. Finally, it empowers users with the knowledge they need to do their jobs, right where they work - no need to open another app or browser window.
“We started Guru in 2013 because we believe that the knowledge you need to do your job should find you when you need it,” said Rick Nucci, co-founder and CEO of Guru. “While we’re delighted to empower hundreds of leading companies around the world today, we believe that we are just getting started, and we invite every organization in the world to learn how Guru can transform how they work. We are thrilled to partner with Ryan and Thrive Capital on this journey.”
“Guru has changed the way we work - plain and simple,” said Eraj Siddiqui, Director Customer Success Practice at Autodesk. “Guru gives our team what they need, when and where they need it. It has been instrumental in being able to deliver consistent and top-notch experiences across our customer success teams at Autodesk. We look forward to seeing where the Guru team goes from here, and are thrilled to be customers.”
Today’s news caps a year of tremendous growth for Guru:
• In December 2018, Guru was named the “Most Integrated Knowledge Management Solution” by CIO Review in its December 2018 issue, which focused on knowledge management. Guru was also recognized as one of CIO Review’s “10 Most Promising Knowledge Management Solution Providers” for 2018.
• In the second half of 2018, Guru launched both AI Suggest Text and AI Suggest Voice. These AI-driven features deliver the right knowledge in real-time to revenue teams, eliminating the need to search altogether.
• In September 2018, Guru announced an integration with Front, the single inbox that consolidates email, chat, and SMS conversations for customer-facing teams.
• In September 2018, Guru was named One of Forbes' 20 Rising Stars in Cloud Computing. The Rising Stars list is an extension of the Forbes Cloud 100 list, which ranks the best private cloud software companies in the world.
• In May 2018, Guru introduced its support of Slack Actions, which empowers customers to create and share knowledge using Guru natively in Slack, the world’s leading collaboration hub.
• In January 2018, Guru opened its San Francisco office to build out its West Coast go-to-market presence. Today, Guru has more than 90 employees across its two offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco.
Guru is the AI-powered Revenue Empowerment Network behind the next generation of knowledge workers in customer support, customer success, sales, and other revenue functions. With hundreds of customers including leading enterprises such as Shopify (NYSE: SHOP), Square (NYSE:SQ), and Yext (NYSE:YEXT), Guru is reshaping the way teams create, find, and share institutional knowledge to deliver delightful customer experiences. Founded by enterprise software veterans Rick Nucci and Mitchell Stewart, Guru has offices in Philadelphia, PA, and San Francisco, CA, and is backed by leading venture capital firms Thrive Capital, Emergence Capital, and FirstMark Capital, with additional funding from the Slack Fund and Michael Dell’s MSD Capital. Learn more at www.getguru.com or follow @Guru_HQ on Twitter.
Head of Corporate Marketing
Venture Capital Database