Arctic Wolf Secures $16M in New Funding to Accelerate Growth in Rapidly Expanding Security Operations Center-as-a-Service Market
Transforming Threat Landscape Drives Companies to Go Beyond Traditional Security Solutions
SUNNYVALE, Calif., January 10, 2018-- Arctic Wolf Networks, a leading security operations center (SOC)-as-a-service company, today announced it has raised $16 million in new funding, led by Sonae Investment Management with participation from Lightspeed Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Knollwood Investment Advisory. The latest infusion enables Arctic Wolf to address the soaring demand for SOC services. The new funding will fuel growth in all aspects of the business, including sales and marketing, product development and strategic alliances.
“Security operations centers are an essential element of modern cybersecurity, and every company needs one,” said Brian NeSmith, CEO and co-founder of Arctic Wolf. “We are transforming how companies look at cybersecurity from a product-centric view to one focused on proactive detection and response. The new funding allows us to invest in key areas of the business and maintain our extraordinary growth trajectory.”
Arctic Wolf provides a turnkey SOC-as-a-Service that installs in minutes and provides value from day one. The award-winning AWN CyberSOC service delivers superior threat detection and fewer false positives by leveraging several key innovations:
• Concierge Security Engineer (CSE) acts as the single point of contact for a customer’s security needs. The CSE is a trusted security advisor and an extension of a customer’s internal team.
• Hybrid AI demonstrably identifies more attacks, reduces false positives and accelerates the time between detection and responses. It merges a security engineer’s intelligence and intuition with the efficiency and productivity of artificial intelligence.
• Custom Rule Engine (CRulE) Intentions provide unlimited flexibility to tailor our services to your exact needs. It allows the CSE to configure specific security and operational policies, updating them as needed to align with a customer’s changing business requirements.
• Security Optimized Data Architecture (SODA)unifies the ingestion, storage, parsing and analysis of network traffic and log data. It provides the foundation for the security analytics that give our security engineers deep visibility into your security posture.
“Arctic Wolf is the leading SOC-as-a-Service company with disruptive innovations that will change the security services landscape,” said Carlos Alberto Silva, executive director at Sonae Investment Management. “They are defining the market and gaining tremendous market recognition for their visionary approach to helping companies secure their networks.”
“Arctic Wolf is solving one of the hardest problems in security, and this funding furthers investment in technology and personnel to strengthen the company’s ability to meet the growing demand for its service,” said John Vrionis, partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners. “We are excited by their market traction, and we look forward to working with them as they scale the company for growth.”
• AWN CyberSOC
• Why CISOs Cannot Rely on AI for Threat Detection
• City of Sparks case study
• Visit our blog, check out webinars, and join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
About Arctic Wolf
Arctic Wolf Networks provides SOC-as-a-service that redefines the economics of security. AWN CyberSOC is anchored by Concierge Security Engineers and includes 24×7 monitoring, custom alerting and incident investigation and response. There is no hardware or software to purchase, and the end-to-end service includes a proprietary cloud-based SIEM, threat intelligence subscriptions and all the required expertise and tools. For more information about Arctic Wolf Cyber-SOC visit https://www.arcticwolf.com.
for Arctic Wolf Networks
Cara LaMaina, 856-375-4060
Venture Capital Database